Today is International Women’s Day: To our sisters around the world who have the courage to stay strong in the midst of adversity.We honor you with these quotes.
1. I speak not for myself but for those without voice… those who have fought for their rights… their right to live in peace, their right to be treated with dignity, their right to equality of opportunity, their right to be educated.
– Malala Yousafzai
2. If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
– Margaret Thatcher
3. “Women in particular need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we’re scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don’t have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
– Michelle Obama
4. I hope the fathers and mothers of little girls will look at them and say ‘yes, women can.’
– Dilma Rousseff
5. The one thing I have never been afraid of is standing before important people and speaking my mind. I represent women who may never have the opportunity to go to the UN or meet with a president. I’m never afraid to speak truth to power.
– Leymah Gbowee
6. A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.
– Melinda Gates