What is the secret of people who have a great attitude, who don’t get too ruffled by the stressors of the day, and are ready to face new challenges because they’re well-rested, having had a good night’s sleep? Heed these tips.
1. They don’t take themselves too seriously–they let things roll off their back.
2. They take inventory on what they did right, not wrong, during the day.
3. They have a great sense of humor and remember something funny before bedtime.
4. They know how to wind down and not start anything that will take too much of their energy.
5. They remind themselves of what they have to be grateful for.
6. They think of someone who holds a warm place in their heart, minutes before they close their eyes.
7. If tasks come to mind which need tending, they put them off until tomorrow–but make a list and keep it someplace near.
8. They don’t sweat the “small stuff.” And like the book said, they know, “it’s all small stuff.”
9. They listen to some soothing music, or a meditation tape that creates peaceful vibes.