Today, I attended the Conference Board’s Women’s Leadership Conference. I heard a wonderful presentation by a panel of State Farm women: Mary Crego (SVP), Carra Simmons (VP), Harolyn Watts (Director), and moderator Sonya Robinson (Agency Executive). Here are a few of my favorite nuggets of wisdom that were shared at the panel:
- Honest feedback is critical. We need to give it and receive it.
- Both sponsors and mentors are important, but the key is developing a network of relationships over the course of your career—not finding one person who will move your career along.
- Listen to your intuition. We all know this, but it is truly so important.
- “Immediate forgiveness” is moving forward rather than rehashing uncomfortable events. The latter can be a waste of time. More important things demand your attention.
- You are in your power when you are authentic. Be yourself—be the best you!
Thank you, ladies of State Farm!