1. Mean words, mean actions. If someone is putting her down often, she’s ready to cut ties. Occasionally, everyone has an off day, but 3 strikes and they’re out.
2. Not appreciating her wins. A strong woman is looking to be her best self. If people in her life are jealous or insecure about her victories and question “why am I not winning like she is?” she will have to keep her distance.
3. Being too controlling. A strong woman has her own set of friends. She extends herself to her partner and his close ones, but if he is making excessive demands on her time, her time with her friends is non-negotiable.
4. Lying, cheating, and stealing. This needs no explanation.
5. Lack of communication. Not all of us are great communicators, but a strong woman will insist that her partner make an effort to share the good and the bad of what’s going on between them. If he is rigid and close-minded, that will not fly.