1) A classy woman has learned the art of effective communication. She is articulate and well-spoken, with minimal use of slang and curse words. She doesn’t need to yell or shout over another person to make a point. She can admit when she’s wrong. In a heated situation, she is the one who stays calm and dignified.
2) She stays true to herself. She is authentic in her relationships. She doesn’t say things she does not mean. She lives aligned to her principles, according to her sense of what is right and wrong.
3) A classy woman is considerate of those around her. She is mindful of others’ time and doesn’t keep them waiting. She doesn’t call her friends or dates at 1 a.m. when they may be sleeping. She pays attention to those around her and offers her help and support where possible.
4) Whether she’s saying “please” or “may I”, waiting to hold the door for others or listening while someone else is speaking, the classy woman is well-mannered. She also remembers to thank people for their support and generosity; these small gestures make a big difference to the recipient.
5) Beyond her personal style, her outfits are thought out, tasteful and put together. She won’t be heading to work with incomplete makeup, undone hair, a wrinkled dress or a tear in her pantyhose. She dresses for the occasion, professional for work, demure for family gatherings and of course, a little sexy on date night!
6) A classy woman never brags. Whether she’s loaded or incredibly talented, she doesn’t need to brag about what she knows, how much money she has or all the trips she’s planning to take. A classy woman understands the difference between sharing and bragging, and always considers who her audience is.
7) She won’t be putting down team members or classmates to look better, she won’t be ridiculing you in public and she is not going to be downright mean. She isn’t keeping tabs and scores about who did what. She rises above the pettiness to give what she is able to and to receive with gratitude what is given to her.
*The points made in this article are the opinion of the writer.