Is the Academy Award-winning actor starring in a cursed new film?
A medical mystery has taken down iconic comedian and actor Jamie Foxx; via Instagram post, the comedian’s eldest daughter Corrine Foxx, 29, shared that her father, 55, suffered an undisclosed medical emergency.
Corrine turned the comments off on the Instagram post; the contents of the statement revealed a possible motive behind the move, as the family is keeping the medical condition private at the moment. Corrine says in her Instagram post that while her father and family appreciate the thoughts and prayers, they wish for privacy in this understandably shocking time.
Today reported that a representative of the actor confirmed the reports of a medical emergency, adding some context to the situation by stating: “His condition was serious enough that Jamie’s family, some of whom were not in town, came to the hospital.”
Corrine did include some hopeful information for fans of the Django Unchained actor: “Luckily, due to quick action and great care, he is already on his way to recovery,” the Instagram post said.
The emergency came while Foxx was filming his new movie for Netflix titled Back in Action, according to People Magazine, in Atlanta, Georgia. The film stars the Academy-Award-winning Foxx and actress Cameron Diaz, 50, whose role is her return to film in almost a decade. Will Gluck’s 2014 Annie was the last film Diaz starred in, which also had the actress working with Foxx.
The medical emergency is not the first tragedy to strike the Back in Action set. Yahoo reports that the construction of one of the sets was scrapped after a dormant World War II bomb was found where the construction was taking place. The scene was scrapped altogether after the film’s staff contacted authorities to make the safest decision.
It is also unclear how long Foxx may need to recover from this emergency and how long it will take for him to return to the Netflix film set.
- Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq9NCSnu3gq/
- Today Article: https://www.today.com/health/news/jamie-foxx-recovering-medical-complication-rcna79465
- People Magazine: https://people.com/parents/all-about-jamie-foxx-kids/
- Cameron Diaz’s return: https://movieweb.com/cameron-diaz-quit-acting-why-retire/
- Annie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1823664/
- Back in Action: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21191806/
- Yahoo: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jamie-foxx-movie-back-in-action-bomb-scare-115631443.html