Being selfish is something that we tend to frown upon. But let’s face it, we’ve got to take care of ourselves before we can help anyone else. Here are 10 instances when you need to put yourself first.
1. When someone is trying to come back into your life, but you’re not ready for it.
2. When someone keeps borrowing money from you and never pays you back.
3. When you’re single! This is your time to enjoy it.
4. When there’s only one unclaimed slice of pizza left.
5. When you really just need a night to forego the party and stay in and be comfortable on your couch.
6. When you splurge every once in a while on something you really want but don’t necessarily need.
7. When you need a break from your kids/your spouse/your friends. Take a little time off! You’ll be a better you when you return.
8. When it’s your day off. Don’t feel like you should be productive or working so you can completely enjoy it.
9. When someone is clouding your success with their failure. Yes, you’re sorry they had a bad experience, but you worked hard too and you should be celebrated!
10. When your well-being is at stake. Listen to your inner voice when it’s telling you it needs something.