We all have experienced those people who spew venom. We wish that they weren’t on this planet, or at least not on our side of the planet.
But sometimes we have no choice in the matter and we have to deal with them. How do we keep them at bay? Here are a few things we can do and say in response to their toxic behavior.
1. “Are you talking to me?” Confront them and put them on the spot.
2. Ignore them. Their ego will not know what is going on, and they will likely feel disturbed.
3. “I’m sorry you feel that way.” No you aren’t, but say you are. Let them see that they can’t get to you.
4. “You must be having a bad day.” Here you are being gracious to them, putting yourself in their position. They won’t know what to make of it.
5. “I will not stoop to your level.” Let them know you are annoyed, but don’t lose your cool. If you do, they will only try harder to unearth you because they see that they are getting to you.