Father’s Day is tough for those without dads. Their fathers may have passed, or simply aren’t a part of that person’s life anymore. As a friend of someone who’s fatherless, knowing how to support them is important:
- Put yourself in their shoes–how would you feel without a father?
- Don’t make it a big deal–let them take the lead.
- Listen if they want to talk about it.
- If you’re complaining about your own father, watch your tongue.
- Be sincere–don’t say, “I’m here for you” unless you actually mean it.
– Barbara Bent