We all want our lives to be better, to feel more fulfilled, to dream and have those dreams materialize. But often we set out with good intentions and stop when too many obstacles are put in our path. How do we push through–and how do we push through NOW?
1. Be hungry. Allow yourself to want more, actually stay with the feeling of not having your life be like you would like it to be. You may feel some sadness, thinking things would be different, but feeling the pain in this case is a good thing. It will spur you on to take action.
2. Don’t be vague. Now is the time to map out a plan–to take baby steps in getting what you want. If you feel yourself getting a little overwhelmed, that is par for the course. Sometimes it is not the fear of failure that keeps up back, but it’s the fear of success. Schedule at least an hour each day to take actions to move your plan forward.
3. Enlist a buddy. Get someone on your side who is dedicated to helping you follow through on your plan. There’s nothing like having someone hold you accountable for what you say you will do. Be generous and do the same for them–help them out with something they need.
4. Act “as if” you can do it, even if you feel you can’t. Yes, you will be nervous, you are stepping out of your comfort zone, but you are tough. Don’t give in to falling back into what you’ve outgrown. Your desire for more shows that you are ready for more.
5. Give yourself a pat on the back. If you don’t give yourself credit, no one will. It is time to let go of the criticism, and laud yourself with praise. Treat yourself as you would a best friend.
Keep seeing yourself achieving your goal, and sometime very soon you will be there.