Not sure how to get through to us all the time? Here are some things we want you to say to us (meaning them would be nice).
1. Let’s start with the obvious one…“You’re sooo big” – We probably don’t believe you—it’s complicated—but it’s the thought that counts.
2. “You have such a great laugh” – Guys may think our laugh makes us look dumb. If it doesn’t, let us know.
3. “I love it when you hold me” – Oh yeah, that’s the stuff. In the man brain we want to hold and protect you.
4. “There’s my guy” – If you’re in love, your man likes knowing that you are his and he is yours. Don’t smother though.
5. “You’re so good to me” – This pat on the back gets great mileage. We want to know we’re doing you right.
6. “Thank you for …” – Not only is it just polite, it’s also a way to train us to please you with positive reinforcement.
7. “You’d make such a great father” – That’s big. That’s deep. You’re plucking the strings of our very identity with that one.
8. “I know you’ve got this” – You showing faith in us has a magical effect.
9. “One of the things I really love about you is…” – If there is something about us that really attracts you, tell us what it is and we will probably nurture it.
10. “I really respect you” – Ideally this is better shown than told, but we need to know this from time to time. Are we the kind of man you are proud to have on your arm?
11. “I’ve got your back” – Men are raised to confront challenges alone fearlessly. Knowing you’re there for us feels really good.
12. “You give good advice” – Sure, a man’s need to fix everything all the time can be annoying, but if we give good advice, we’d really like to know.
13. “You’re so funny” – Don’t encourage us if our jokes are horrible, but if we make you laugh, don’t hold it back.
14. “It’s okay” – These are magic words when you mean them (and you may not think so, but we can tell if you don’t).
15. “You make me happy” – That’s a really powerful one if you remember that making you happy is our prime goal.
16. “You take such good care of me” – Women don’t need men to care for them, but we like to do it in our own way.
17. “You’re really looking fit” – If we’re working out or lifting weights and you see something you like, say so.
18. “I really like your friends” – If it happens to be true, tell him. He’ll make sure to keep socializing with them and he’ll bring you into the pack.
19. “Draw me like one of your French girls” – Titanic. Really what it says is, I trust you enough to be naked (a.k.a. vulnerable) in front of you.
20. “You’re so handsome” – Hey, who doesn’t like a little ego candy once in a while. Say it when we’re naked, for extra points!
21. “I’ve never felt like this with anyone” – We’ve given you a good feeling that no one else has been able to? Score!
22. “I feel like I can tell you anything” – Once you offer your openness and vulnerability to us like this, it deepens the bond like few other things can.
23. “You make me tingle…” – Self-explanatory <wink, wink>
24. “Congratulations!” – We want your approval. If we win the Nobel Prize in Literature, celebrate with us.
25. “Don’t worry, everything is going to be alright” – By telling us this you give us hope and make us believe in the power of “us.”