We are all told that it’s okay to be alone. In fact, you need to be if you are going to feel whole and complete on your own. But what about the times when you’ve been alone a lot, and you feel sad or depressed. How do you handle those? Here are some things to remember.
1. It’s okay to ache. Yes, sometimes you just ache inside wanting the pain to go away. Don’t deny that you are feeling this way.
2. Nothing lasts forever. You know what everyone says, it won’t always feel like that. It still hurts, but knowing that there will be an end to this, helps.
3. Think of how lonely it is to be with the wrong people. You don’t want to be with just anyone, you want to be around people who nurture and honor you–and you do the same for them.
4. Put yourself in intensive self-care. What is something special you can give to yourself, that will make you feel good? Just do it, indulge, even if you weren’t planning on the purchase.
5. Who isn’t around that you love? Bring to mind someone you love that may be away. Indulge in the fantasy of them being right beside you. Recall how great that has felt.