This Gwyneth Paltrow candle didn’t pass the smell test, according to a report.
“The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere,” Jody Thompson, 50, told the outlet.
“I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room,” the media consultant from Kilburn, North London, added.
Thompson, who lives with her partner, David Snow, said they threw the flaming candle out the front door.
“It could have burned the place down. It was scary at the time, but funny looking back that Gwyneth’s vagina candle exploded in my living room,” she said.
“This candle started as a joke between perfumer Douglas Little and GP,” reads the website. “The two were working on a fragrance, and she blurted out, “Uhhh..this smells like a vagina’ — but evolved into a funny, gorgeous, sexy, and beautifully unexpected scent. (That turned out to be perfect as a candle.)”
A Goop spokeswoman told The Post in a statement that Thompson’s candle wasn’t purchased through the outlet so “we aren’t able to verify its authenticity.”
“However, the factory that manufactures the goop x Heretic candles is certified by The National Candle Association of America, which regulates that candles meet stipulated safety guidelines and ASTM and CPSC fire safety protocols,” Noora Raj Brown said in an email.
“As a precaution, we’ve alerted the manufacturer to the woman’s issue and have also reached out to her to send her some goop products to help pass the days in quarantine,” she added.