In the last several weeks, we have experienced the tragic loss of Naomi Judd due to suicide and depression.
Mental Health Awareness month is happening in the United States during the month of May.
Illnesses related to mental health may carry with them stigmas that inhibit people from reaching out for help; the more awareness is brought to these issues, the more likely people are to reach out for help.
Here are some things you might not know about Naomi Judd.
- She was born in in Ashland, Kentucky 1946.
- Her father owned a gas station.
- Her brother Brian died of leukemia at the age of 17.
- Wynonna Judd was born when Naomi was 18.
- She attended nursing school before she and Wynonna started their singing career.
- She was born Diana Ellen Judd, but after her divorce she took the name Naomi from a biblical figure because she was starting over raising her two girls as a single parent.