1. There are some days where you just want to get under the covers and curl up into a ball. Smile even when you don’t feel like it. Things could always be worse.
2. Do something nice for someone else. It will brighten someone’s day, and will in turn brighten up your own. Best of all, it doesn’t cost a darn thing.
3. Offer praise like it’s going out of style. People love to be stroked; compliment others and often.
4. Look for the good in everyone and everything. Even if qualities irk you in someone, nobody’s perfect (not even you). Differences are what keep this world interesting.
5. Use words like “Yes,” “Why not?” and “Sure, I can do that.” (Even if you think you can’t, go for it).
6. Be a risk-taker. No one’s asking you to jump into a pool without water, but when things seem possible and you think it might be fun to try, step out in a new way.
7. Laugh out loud. A lot. Laughter is contagious, and is the best medicine especially amidst the negativity going on around us.